From 2021, we will no longer have a standalone IHTTI programme. Instead, we will begin to offer 3 pathways (International Hospitality Management, International Hospitality & Design Management, International Hospitality & Events Management) under SHMS. Please see our FAQs below for additional information regarding this integration.
If you have any queries not addressed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m currently pursuing my studies with IHTTI. How does the integration of IHTTI into SHMS impact on my degree programme?
- Current IHTTI Design students who are in BA3 or BA4 will be offered a choice to either graduate with IHTTI OR SHMS, with the same Derby University degree qualifications.
- What’s going to happen to the current IHTTI programme and how will this affect IHTTI staff?
- Ms. Theresa Von Wielligh will continue to lead the Hospitality & Design pathway as the Program Manager, and there are no expected faculty changes. Regular and routine program updates will occur as usual, and there will be a new Design pathway added to the Master of Science programme as well.
- I am a current student from Scandinavia. Does this development affect the CSN (government funding) I am receiving to pursue my education?
- No, this will not affect the funding you’re currently receiving
- Will the design pathway still be accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers?
- Yes, it will continue to be.
- I joined IHTTI because I like the school’s values and closed-knit ‘family environment’. Will this be lost with the integration?
- We recognise the values of IHTTI and what makes the school stand out from others. With this integration, we look forward to continuing IHTTI’s heritage and culture by incorporating events such as ‘Happiness Week’ and ‘Personality Days’ into SHMS. The SAF will also be consulted to promote ideas and concepts to continue keeping the IHTTI spirit alive and celebrated by students.
- I want to join IHTTI specifically for its design pathway. What does this development mean for me?
- The design pathway will continue to be offered to all students under the SHMS brand and provides another fantastic option for specialisation as they select their pathways in BA3.
- Does this mean there are no design elements in BA1 or BA2?
- Design-related courses are already part of the core curriculum in BA1 and BA2, regardless of which pathway students choose in BA3.
- I’m particularly interested in IHTTI’s design studio. Will this still exist?
- Absolutely, both Caux and Leysin campuses have and will continue to have design studios with a vast array of resources available. Leysin will still have a dedicated floor with classrooms and material specifically for students who choose the design pathway specialisation.
- What does this mean to me as an alumni of IHTTI?
- You will forever remain an important member of the SEG global alumni community. You will have our full support as always and continue to be invited and engaged in all events and activities. If you have any queries, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- I just graduated from IHTTI in the previous semester, and thus have not received my academic certificate yet. Can I choose to get my qualification awarded from SHMS instead of IHTTI?
- Yes, you will be offered a choice to either graduate with IHTTI OR SHMS, with the same Derby University degree qualifications.
- Will my degree attained with IHTTI still be valid?
- Your degree will still be valid and worthwhile. Rest assured that this will not affect your academic qualifications.
- Will an official document be issued to all IHTTI alumni to ensure that future employers do not question the academic qualifications I attained at IHTTI?
- Yes, we will issue an attestation to all IHTTI alumni, explaining the integration of IHTTI into SHMS. In addition, an official notice will also be included on the SHMS website. If you have any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why has SEG decided to close the IHTTI brand when it was just relocated to SHMS one year ago?
- Since the relocation of IHTTI’s campus from Neuchatel to Caux and Leysin, the IHTTI student body has embraced their new environment. Instead of continuing with two brands running in parallel in the same locations, with identical student services and faculty, we strongly believe that this development will allow existing and future students to benefit from a further enriched strong brand - SHMS. In other words, a stronger brand and more choices.
From February 2021, we will begin to offer 3 pathways (International Hospitality Management, International Hospitality & Design Management, International Hospitality & Events Management) under SHMS, recognised as one of the top 5 hospitality schools worldwide, and the only Apple Distinguished School amongst hospitality management schools.
- What will happen to the IHTTI landing page on SEG’s Global Career and Alumni Networking platform on Hosco? Do I need to sign up under SHMS or will my profile be integrated automatically?
- The IHTTI landing page will remain on Hosco. Please visit www.ihtti.hosco.com if you haven’t created your profile. Current and past students can continue engaging with the community as per usual. Future students joining from February, will be integrated into the SHMS community on Hosco. IHTTI alumni are valuable members of the SEG Global community and will continue to have full access to all alumni-related privileges. If you have any queries, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- How will SEG continue to keep the IHTTI spirit alive? For example, will SEG continue to feature past IHTTI alumni and their success stories?
- We will definitely continue to celebrate the success of the IHTTI alumni, because they continue to be a part of the SEG Global community.